Becoming a wilderness women: Off the grid eco camp in Dominica
- On the hunt for vitamins
- Beyond Vitality Eco Lodge
- Coconut ‘o clock
- A typical day
- Discovering the Food Forest
- Sustainable living dreams
- DIY Beyond Vitality Nature Camp
On the hunt for vitamins
Beyond Vitality Eco Lodge
Coconut ‘o clock
A typical day
I start the day with yoga at the viewpoint hill from which you can see the valley and the Atlantic Ocean. Next is a (skinny ;)) dip in the natural pools. Then it’s breakfast time! There’s a kitchen I can use but I just can’t beat the delicious juices and meals Sara and Stephan are creating. For breakfast and dinner I let myself spoil with their rainforest cuisine.Today’s breakfast: coconut bits with cinnamon and a ‘hibiscus leave – coconut milk, banana – papaya -chia seeds smoothy. Yum yum, this will keep me going for a while! Lunch I create myself with a new edible food discovery from the wild every day, where not a single chemical is used to let the plants grow.
Discovering the Food Forest
Sustainable living dreams
DIY Beyond Vitality Nature Camp
How to book the eco lodge?
The accommodation options
How to get to Beyond Vitality nature camp?
Good to know
- Beyond Vitalty is wayyy more than just an eco budget accommodation in Dominica. It’s a way a living. Sara is a holistic nutritionist, fitness and yoga instructor and much more. Stephane is a singer and just won in the next round of the Calypso competition with his song ‘Dominica love‘! Learn more about the S family.
- The wifi is the best i’ve found on the island!
- The nearest supermarket is in Castle Bruce and they have about 10 things. There are some foodstands nearby that you can walk or hitchhike to. Bring some basic foods from Roseau like oats, grains or beans if you want to cook. I highly recommend though to try their rainforest cuisine! They prepare the most delicious organic meals with food straight from their garden. The best investment you can make.
- You’ll be in the forest. There’s animals. The yellow river crab scared the shit out of me the first time. But don’t worry they are more scared of you!
- The ecosystem seems to work so well here that there’s hardly a mosquito. They all get eaten before they get mature to bite you! There are klamboos but I didn’t even use them.
- It’s only pure organic natural foods growing at the nature camp. That’s not so normal in Dominica anymore. We got to keep it that way so bring you biodegradable soap. I got a new favourite from of in ‘Old street’ in Roseau. Dr. Bronners is another biodegradable multipurpose soap I recommend.
- More tips on packing for a healthy planet and a healthy you
- If you’re looking for a budget accommodation in Dominica option close to/in Roseau,, before or after your stay at Beyond Vitality, I recommend Sea World at the waterfront, Garvin’s apartment or Castille Apartment in Scott’s head, Big Banana Campground, and La Bou Country cottage in Soufriere in the south of Dominica. Explore all budget accommodation in Dominica here.
- Find out about more things to do in Dominica